COPYRIGHT REGISTRATION FOR JUST Rs.15000/-
Copyright is a form of intellectual property protection like trademark and patents. A copyright is a legal right given by the law to creators of literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works and producers of cinematograph films and sound recordings. Copyright give the owner of the work certain safeguard to ensure the intellectual work is protected and creativity is rewarded. Copyright includes a bundle of right like the rights of reproduction, communication to the public, adaptation and translation of the work.
The procedure for registration of Copyright is as follows:
- Application for registration is to be made on Form IV (Including Statement of Particulars and Statement of Further Particulars) as prescribed in the first schedule to the Rules;
- Separate applications should be made for registration of each work;
- Each application should be accompanied by the requisite fee prescribed in the second schedule to the Rules and
- The applications should be signed by the applicant or the advocate in whose favour a Vakalatnama or Power of Attorney has been executed. The Power of Attorney signed by the party and accepted by the advocate should also be enclosed. Each and every column of the Statement of Particulars and Statement of Further Particulars should be replied specifically.
Benefits of Copyright Registration
- Registering your copyright protected work provides evidence that you are the owner of your work.
- Copyright Registration is generally required before you can pursue an infringement action against someone who used your work without authorization.
- The copyright owner is entitled to remedies by way of injunctions, damages and accounts.
- Registration helps pre-empt the defence of “innocent infringement” for infringers who claim they didn’t know the work was copyright protected.
PROCESS ⇒ APPLICATION REGISTRATION ⇒ FILLING ⇒ COPYRIGHT REGISTRATION